Friday, September 25, 2015

He Knows My Name

Go with me if you will, to that still, quiet place that is seated within your inner-most being. Here’s how you get there. Find a place that is free of distractions. Sit or stand in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Sit quietly for at least 2-3 minutes and just listen; eyes closed and ears open. You are not listening for audible sounds, rather you are listening to your heart. 

Have you ever called yourself by name? “Shannon, how are you doing today?” Now listen for the answer. Your mind will flood with the core condition of your heart. “I’m sad. I’m lonely. I’m not doing so well. I’m stressed. I’m worried. I’m fearful.” All you have to do is listen. Remove the distractions and listen. Assess, consider and evaluate your condition. 

OK, now turn your spiritual attention and ask the question, “God, how do you think I’m doing? I mean deep inside my being, how am I doing?” Then listen, just listen. There is an amazing truth about our God and it begins with the words, “I love you. Really, I love you.” And in that love God’s purpose and desire is to commune with you, to nurture you, and to raise you up on wings like eagles so that you might run and not grow weary, and so that your strength will be renewed. 

That is the God who loves you. That is the God who saved you. He so cares for you that he sacrificed his son on a cross that you might be saved. And then he chose to dwell inside you, to teach and keep you until the day of your redemption. Amazing!

Can you identify with Psalm 84? “My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.”

You don’t have to be alone anymore. You don’t have to be a solo act, lonely, misunderstood, ignored, or any other thing that can result from this earthly life. You don’t! You are loved by the Father, by the Star Breather, by the Great “I Am.” No matter how deep, or dark, or painful, or desperate your situation seems, you have a Father and he knows your name. He will never leave you or forsake you. You are never alone.

Do you identify with the theme song of the long-running TV serial, Cheers? Do you want to go where everybody knows your name? If you call yourself Christian, your past, present and future is secure in the blood of Jesus.

Tommy Walker sings, 
I have a Maker, He formed my heart
Before even time began, my life was in his hands
I have a Father, He calls me His own
He'll never leave me, no matter where I go
He knows my name, He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls, And He hears me when I call

Amen!
Shannon

Psalm 84:1-5
1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. "Selah" 5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment